Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How u can make money with junk on ebay(read on a wonderful experience)

I Never Would Have Guessed People Would Want My 'Junk'!

It started one day when the battery charger on my cordless phone died. I checked with the manufacturer and they wanted $70 for a replacement! I thought I could get a better deal from an internet reseller so I did a Google search for the batter charger. In the Google results I came across an eBay listing for what I was looking for, and it was only $5! I made a bid on that $5 item and won the auction. By using eBay I saved myself $65 !

Winning That ebay Auction Got Me Thinking

The person that sold me that battery charger on eBay probably thought it was a piece of junk, but to me it was gold. I wondered how much 'junk' in my closet might be gold to someone else? So I spend the next weekend going thru my closets, garage, and basement looking for all those things I had that were too good to throw away, but not quite good enough to use.

I Was Surprised How Much Stuff I had

Here are the results of what I found during my eBay 'junk' search:

  • My old collection of comic books from when I was younger
  • Camera equipment from my photography hobby days
  • A spare part from my car that was still good
  • An older digital answering machine
  • Some old cordless phones
  • Several old toys, dolls, etc

None of these things seemed particularly valuable, or even useful to me but my experience with the battery charger had taught me that these things would be worth something to the right person. Make no mistake, these things weren't 'garbage' - everything was in good condition and clean. If anything was dirty I did my best to clean it up.

LINK

No comments: